|Deuteronomy 30:14 |
14 But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, so that you may obey it.2 [God is the word: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; John 1:1; God is near you, in your heart and mouth to be obeyed. Turn inward to hear, learn, become pure, become holy, to know God, to see God, to be with Him.]
2 When you listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God to keep his commandments and his statutes that are written in this book of the law,* and when you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deu 30:10
*Notice THE COLOSSAL MISTAKE! The Jews were told, in order to keep his written commandments and statutes in this book of law, they must listen to and heed the voice of the Lord; and the Lord told them the same in several other scriptures (click to see several), the below being the most detailed.
"And it shall come to pass, if you will diligently listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God to observe and to do all his commandments that I command you this day, that the LORD your God will set you on high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come on you, and overtake you, if you will listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God." Deu 28:1-2. For listening to and heeding the voice of the Lord, the thirteen blessings are as follows:
- the LORD your God will set you on high above all nations of the earth.
- Blessed shall you be who are in the city, and blessed shall you be who are in the field.
- Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your cattle, and the flocks of your sheep.
- Blessed shall be your basket and your store.
- Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
- The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be struck down before your face; they shall come out against you one way, and flee before you seven ways.
- The LORD shall command the blessing upon you in your storehouses, and in all that you set your hand to; and he shall bless you in the land that the LORD your God gives you.
- The LORD shall establish you as a holy people to himself, as he has sworn to you, if you will keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and walk in his ways.
- And all people of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of you.
- And the LORD shall make you plenteous in goods, in the fruit of your body, and in the fruit of your cattle, and in the fruit of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.
- The LORD shall open to you his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain to your land in his season, and to bless all the work of your hand; and you will lend to many nations, and you will not borrow.
- And the LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you will be above only, and you will not be beneath — providing that you listen to and heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day, to observe and to do them;
- And you will not go aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:1-14
" But it shall come to pass, if you will not listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command you this day; that all these curses shall come upon you, and overtake you:" Deu 28:15
Click to see the curses for not listening to and heeding the voice of the Lord:
And there are many other scriptures that state the penalty for not listening to and obeying the voice of the Lord, (click to see).
Studying the book, (bible), is not enough; you must listen and heed the voice of the Lord. Although the Jews heard their priests read the scriptures every Sabbath day, it was not enough for His word to be implanted in their hearts; they didn't really understand the scriptures, which they so diligently studied in hope of finding eternal life; and without the Lord teaching them the scriptures' true meaning, they then persecuted Jesus and his Apostles — all because the Jews had only studied scriptures instead of doing their best to listen to and heed the voice of the Lord. Thus the vast majority of Jews never had their evil heart to be circumcised by the Spirit so that they could turn to and love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and might; so they could become able to love their neighbor as themselves; so they could see His form and hear His voice; and so that they would not die while still sinning. Those abilities do not come by the will of man trying; those abilities only come by God circumcising your heart, which results by your persistent and patient listening to and heeding the voice of the Lord — then the love of God is perfected in your heart.
Then in verse 14, the Lord told them to where they should turn, and where they should listen: the word, (who is God, John 1:1), is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart so that you may obey it.
Today Christianity is making the exact, same, colossal mistake, studying the scriptures instead of what the New Testament also clearly states is the number one priority and the only one thing necessary:
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness... Matthew 6:33. (the number 1 priority)
And He told us how to seek Him, the one thing we needed to do:
There is only one thing needed and Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her..Mary sat at Jesus' feet and heard his [spoken] words. Luke 10:39,42 (the only one thing needed)
The Lord next told us the command (to turn to the Lord with all your heart and soul, and listen to and heed the voice of the Lord) was not hidden from us and not far off for the word is not in heaven, neither is it beyond the sea, for the word is very near you, in your mouth, and in your heart, so you may obey it.
Look again at all the five relevant verses to this footnote in context with Deuteronomy 30:14:
When you listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God to keep his commandments and his statutes that are written in this book of the law, and when you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deu 30:10
[Where is this voice of the LORD your God to be heard? Where is God to be turned to with all our heart and soul? In verse 14 below he answers: "the word," (who is God, John 1:1), "is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart so that you may obey it."]
For this command which I command you this day is not hidden from you, nor is it far off. Deu 30:11
It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it?' Deu 30:12
Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it?' Deu 30:13
But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, so that you may obey it. Deu 30:14
Paul emphasized these verses in Romans, writing: But what did it say? "The word is near you, even in your mouth, and in your heart [so you may hear and obey it];" that is the word of faith, which we preach. Rom 10:6-8.
The word of God is the name of Christ; and faith in "that is the word of faith, which we preach," is to have faith that the words you hear from within your heart, (teaching, counseling, and commanding you), are from the Spirit of God — and therefore you obey and practice what you have heard. For as Paul writes in Rom 10:17, "then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God," which word is in your heart to be heard, believed and obeyed.
"The Father is in you all, Christ is in you, and the Kingdom of Heaven is in you; there, in your hearts, is where you will find them all. Know him there searching your hearts, and find him there trying your minds and hearts; incline your ears, and give ear to him there, who will render to everyone of you according to your words and works whether they are good or evil," (by George Fox).
From the Word of the Lord within:
And when you hear the Lord speaking to you, teaching you, encouraging you, correcting you — then your faith begins to grow exponentially. Then your faith is in the Christ, the Word of God, and Christ, the Light which enlightens all men who come into the world — your faith is in the Son of God within you, commanding you, and whom you obey; this is true faith with obedience to commands heard.
From the Word of the Lord within: "Faith is a series of revelations." You sit and wait on God, listening, watching, and then obeying. His spoken words heard impart the life of God into your heart, John 6:63. You grow in faith with each revelation received. You must keep hearing and obeying until your sinful nature has been crucified on the inward cross of self-denial, to then receive faith as part of the fruit of the Spirit, which frees you from the law and justifies you. You must contend for the faith, grow in the faith, build up your faith, increase in faith, perfect what is lacking in your faith, fight the good fight of faith, until victory when your faith is finished by the finisher; faith is a process and a journey, the end of which is to see Christ bring your salvation, to bring your eternal life.