For a parallel display of the above verse(s) in New Intl, New KJ, New AmStd, Amplified, and KJV Bibles click here.
1 cause your face to shine on us; and we shall be saved. This phrase is repeated three times in this Psalm. Christendom has lost sight of what this means. It literally means to see the shining face of God with eyes of your heart. What face do you see? The face of Jesus Christ, which when seen gives you knowledge of the glory of God. What face did the Jews, such as David see? The face of the Lord God of Israel, Jesus Christ, the rock: The children of Israel, who were all baptized unto Moses, in the cloud and in the sea; and did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink of the same spiritual drink, for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, (or went with them) and that Rock was Christ; 1 Cor 10:2-4. Jews or Christians: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God, Mat 5:8. The way one sees God, is to see the face of God; and like this Psalm says three times: cause your face to shine on us; and we shall be saved. To see God is the prerequisite to being saved.
- Seek the LORD and His strength; yearn for and seek His face, to be in His presence continually! 1 Chron 16:11
- When You said, “Seek My face,”My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.” Psalm 27:8
- As for me, I will behold your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awaken by seeing your likeness. Psalm 17:15
- Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face and presence evermore! Psalm 105:4
- For David says concerning Him: ‘I saw the LORD always before my face; because He is at my right hand, I will not be moved. Acts 2:25
- For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 4:6
- For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Cor 13:12
- And all of us, as with an unveiled face, behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, and are changed into the same image from glory to glory, by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3:18
- Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence, (before Your very face). Psalm 140:13