|Acts 1:9-11 |
9 Now when he had spoken these things, while they watched, he was taken up, and a cloud received him out of their sight.2 [Since the man Jesus in his human body was taken up, many people believe Jesus is in the heavens in the body of a man; yet scripture also tells us that He fills the heavens and earth, which is impossible for anyone limited to a human body.]
10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
11 Who said, "You men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who is taken up from you into heaven, will come in a like manner as you have seen him go into heaven."3
3 Jesus is to return in a similar manner. Some standing here shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. Mat 16:27-8, Mar 8:38,9:1, Luke 9:26-27. Heaven appears to our spiritual eye as in a mist or in clouds — so, his coming is on the clouds of heaven within the hearts of purified believers. Those not purified to see Jesus' coming in them before death, see him as they die, as all peoples, all nations, all generations do.
The New Testament is full of references to the second appearance of Jesus with the kingdom being then, not thousands of years later. In Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus is recorded saying that some then standing with him, 2000 years ago, would see his glorious coming in the clouds with the Kingdom before they died. In addition Paul, Jesus preaching, Jesus in Revelation, Peter, James, and John, — all said, soon, the time is near, a little while, he stands at the door. Christendom blithely ignores this gaping incongruity between what the Bible plainly states vs. what they are taught by their blind guides. It would be a cruel hoax to be waiting on Him to appear if the past 100 generations of believers actually had no hope of ever seeing Him.
The face of Jesus appears in your heart:
- For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 4:16
- And all of us, as with an unveiled face, behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, and are changed into the same image from glory to glory, by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3:18
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Mat 5:8
- Beloved, now we are the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we will be, but we know that when he appears, we will be like him, for we will see him as he is. And every man who has this hope in him purifies himself, even as He [Jesus] is pure. 1 John 3:2-3
- And this is the will of him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in [depends on, trusts, and obeys] him, may have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40
- And being made perfect, he [Jesus] became the author and source of eternal salvation to all those who heed and obey him; Heb 5:9
- This is the second appearance, the revealing (revelation) of Christ, in the hearts of individual believers;
in those who have prepared the way for him in their hearts for the Lord to enter, be revealed, and rule as Lord.
- He, who has been hidden within, is revealed. As Paul said: it has pleased the Father to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him.
- The morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Pet 1:19
- I, Jesus.. am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star. Rev 22:16.
- He who overcomes, ..I will give him the morning star. Rev 2:26-28
- As the lightning comes out of the east, and shines to the west; so also will the coming of the Son of man be. Mat 24:27.
- Jesus is resurrected in us to be our true Lord. 2 Cor 4:14, Col 2:11-12,3:1, Eph 2:6.
He only appears to those who, having obeyed his commands in love of the Lord, become pure. Jesus clearly explains this in John 14:21-24 below:
He who has my commands, and obeys them, it is he who loves me; and he who loves me shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will show myself to him.
Then Judas, not Iscariot, said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will show yourself to us, and not to the world?"
And Jesus answered and said to him, "If a man loves me, he will obey my spoken words; and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.
He who doesn't love me, does not obey my spoken words; and the spoken words that you hear are not mine, but are the Father's who sent me. John 14:21-24
There is an entire web page on this site devoted to this second appearance: The Second Appearance of Jesus is Within the Hearts of Purified Believers.